Sunday, October 12, 2014

Prismacolor Pencils or Faber-Castell Polychromos

Image by Rick St. Dennis, scene by My Craft Studio, put together in Craft artist 2 by Carla Brooke
After enjoying Prismacolor pencils, but putting up with the broken leads and wax bloom, I tried a new pencil and I'm loving it! I believe the Faber-Castell Polychromos have a richer pigment and blend better than the Prismacolor and there is no need for the gumso or mineral spirits. These vibrant pencils are break resistant, waterproof, non-smudge and match the company's other color lines. The pencils have a creamy texture and the color saturation is wonderful. They are easy to use, blend well and even erase. They are excellent for coloring, very smooth and accurate. I love the ability to mix color and create my own shades.  I have also used my Prismacolor pencils for a color I don't have in the Polychromos. Prismacolor pencils are wax based and Polychromos are oil based.

I only have the set 24 and would enjoy owning the whole 120 pencil set! I plan to fill in with single pencils ordered in the future, from Dick Blick. My set came from a company on Amazon.com.

The card at the top, the image of the girl and the toys around her was color with Faber-Castell Polychromos and just a bit with Prismacolor for the colors I currently do not have.


Come back to my blog to see the next pieces done using Polychromos!


1 comment:

Sassy Cheryl said...

What a great review and the card is stunning! LOVE IT!