Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My Craft Studio CD-Roms a Review


Adele digi stamp (by Mo's Digital Pencil) in side a shop (My craft Studio, Setting the Scene Shop Fronts).
I have gone further into digital art than I had ever thought I would. It all started when I began looking around the internet and saw beautiful images that I could download and keep in a computer file. I love that I can use them again and again, change their size and they are cheaper than actual rubber stamps. Oh and my hands can stay clean too! So, I collected my favorites in a file on the computer and learned to print and color them and even combine them with actual rubber stamps.
I used a Tilda Magnolia rubber stamp popped up along with a background from My Craft Studio Store Fronts. The awning was cut a second time and popped up to make it look 3D.
I love to design and color scenes (kind of a throw back to my watercolor and drawing days) and recently discovered sets of CD-Roms. They are  graphic program designed for crafters. "My Craft Studio Elite," offers a great collection of wonderful images, background and more. They can be printed in both color and line (I like line so I can use my own media and make it my own). In this way my computer is helping to enhance my creativity. I have four of their titles and some day I plan to add more. Each time you put them on the computer they assimilate into the one program.

My Craft Studio, Setting the Scene, Store Fronts is the background for a popped up Santa rubber stamp from Art Impressions Stamp Company.
These 4 will keep me inspired and busy for a long long time. They are crammed with wonderful quality imagery, papers, stamps and other interesting items. With the varied content and ease of use, I'm never going to get bored again!
Digital figure  from Mo's Digital Pencil and background from My Craft Studio, Setting the Scene Christmas.
I placed a photo sketch by my husband in the My Craft Studio program and put a digital figure from Mo's Digital Pencil over it. Like the other, she is colored in pencil. Doesn't she look perfect in the photo sketch??
 I haven't seen these on sale here in the US, so mine were ordered from www.crafting.co.uk. These are great people to work with...very helpful. Thank you Stephanie Weightman, Kirsty Shaw and Christine Green!

I just wanted to let you know, I ordered the My Craft Studio Magazine Issue #1 and #2 and each will come with a CD-Rom! I am also getting a DVD for this versatile program to learn more that I can do. I can't wait till it all gets here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so pleased that you are pleased with the programs, I have been using them for about 4 years , it's such a lovely new way to craft and you have mastered the program so well . I love the way you have also used other elements of your own Carla it's such an enjoyable way to craft . Enjoy your magazines too hugs Elaine xx

applejack cards by sue said...

Hi Carla, just popped over from facebook. I totally agree about the discs. I do sometimes use a program called Serif Craft Artist, I can import an image and completely cut away all the white background with one click then I export it back to m.c.s. for finishing or altering.

Nancy said...

So you don't need a particular cutting machine to do these? Just a printer? Thanks for sharing the review with me.