Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Creating With Cuttlebug Quilled Flowers



Now that I have all three Cuttlebug Quilled Flower kits, I have been deciding how to use these small creations in my other art work. While I practiced doing each of the flowers, I've accumulated a bag full of these colorful blossoms.

For my project...using beacon 3 in 1 glue, I adhered a piece of red gingham check printed paper to a 12" x 12" white canvas. Using the Cuttlebug again, I cut 3 flourishes with the Original Large Sizzix die #656187. After gluing these in place, I picked out 4 blossoms and adhered them to the canvas with my hot glue gun. I added a ladybug made with my Cricut for added balance in the composition.

A lovely large photograph would be the focal point of this mixed media collage.


That would have been the finished project, had the Florida humidity not taken its toll on my beautiful creation. Alas the check printed paper began to separate from the canvas below and I needed to find away to salvage my work. It happen to both of my check canvases...next time I will use better quality card stock and not printed paper.


So, very carefully, I pulled off the paper from my canvases and used the elements to make several 3D greeting cards. Although the quilled flowers are high off the cards, they still fit nicely into the envelopes! I would recommend the cards be hand stamped at the Post Office before mailing, so as not to damage the card.


So, with lemons, you make lemonade!

7 comments:

Lindsay Weirich said...

those flowers with the gigham is the sweetest!

Tammy said...

Love them ehen did u find those flower kits for cuttlrbug

Carla's Cards said...

The kits were on sale at Jo Ann's, when they had free shipping too!

Christine said...

You make the prettiest cards!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! :)

Ruth @ atnumber29 said...

Very cool flowers. I don't believe I've seen them before. Thanks for sharing!

Michelle Day said...

Carla,
Very pretty! I love the gingham. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can't wait to see what you link up next. Have a great weekend.

Michelle

KMCrafts said...

gorgeous cards