Friday, May 25, 2012

"Wizard of Oz" Altered Boxes



I love Graphic 45 scrapbook paper. These scrapbook pads are hard to find in Florida. Driving home through St. Augustine, I found a variety of these smaller pads. One pad I found illustrates the "Wizard of Oz." The Judy Garland movie just happens to be my all time favorite movie! It instantly triggered fabulous pictures in my head! I couldn't wait to get home to implement these ideas.

Each Graphic 45 pad includes two of each two sided designed page. This made it possible to design two pop up cigar boxes.

Not long before finding these pads, my granddaughter performed in a dance competition, where three other young dancers performed as a trio dressed as "Wizard of Oz" characters. My husband just happened to snap a photo of the children as they performed. Later he turned the snap shot into a drawing. He printed this drawing twice and we designed two cigar boxes, which show these little dancers making their way down the road! When these boxes are closed the kids are "sleeping" in the poppies, just like the characters in my favorite movie!

Here are my very special "Wizard of Oz" boxes.



7 comments:

Carol's Creations said...

I am such a HUGE fan of The Wizard of Oz and this is so fabulous! I have a pad of the Oz paper (not this one) but I will have to start to think about things like this to create with it. LOVE IT!

Carol (Carol's Creations)
http://4evercarolscreations.blogspot.com/

Dr Sonia S V said...

It is so unique-- love how you made the yellow brick road and the characters to stand and do a jig!!

Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Erika said...

Carla, This box is like a live story, it reminds me of a story book with pumping up images, It is really beautiful and kids will love it I am sure. Thank you for sharing, I am your fan now and I am ur new follower.

Anonymous said...

cute! love that movie too!

Christine said...

WOW!!! This is totally AWESOME!!! LOVE The Wizard of Oz!!

Thanks so much for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

Natasha Mairs - Serenity You said...

This is fantastic!! Love the wizard of oz, used to watch it almost every week when i was a child
Cant wait to see what you link up later today on Serenity Saturday

Natasha xxx

Michelle Day said...

WOW! This is amazing! Love the Wizard of Oz. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a great weekend.

Michelle